Saturday, November 29, 2008

outdated NZ trip...

This is so outdated I know.. Sorry that I'm so lazy.. =P

I went Auckland, New Zealand last month when they were welcoming the summer season.. Though its almost end of Spring, it is still very windy and not as SUMMER as south east asia. One thing I really like about the weather in New Zealand at that time was that, its so chill yet not too cold to freeze you and you will have no sweat walking from the east to the west. I really had a great time walking around the hotel area and also the town area..

The hotel that me and my colleagues were assigned to stay was The Langham Hotel. Its a slightly above average hotel which has the basic neccessity in the room.. Very cosy and of course, the best part is to have the whole room all by yourself.. hahahaha

I called this hotel the Pink hotel coz the stationaries they gave were all pink.. Just look at the pic below.. Where can you find pink stuff in 99.99% of the hotels in the world?
The calendar is pink, the box that they put the stationaries for us to use is pink, and even the envelopes and letter paper were all pink!!! Thank god the pencil is black like normal.. One of my colleague got so excited.. she kept everything and nearly wanted to buy the box as souvenior but it was too expensive.. NZ$20.. ridiculous..
Remember I was so excited about those little liquor bottles in the hotel when I first blogged bout my trip? Apparently, almost every hotel I stayed have such bottles.. So, its not so a cool thing for me anymore.. *yawn* This is the last time you going to see all these tiny cute little adorable bottles in my box.. As usual, OVERPRICED...
After checking in to our room and removing the 'colours' from our face, some of us decided to hit the town to store up some grovery items for our almost 3 days stay..
I bought some ready made salad box, milk, bread and then I saw this...
CHEESE...........
CHEESE....
and more CHEESE... moo moo... really crazy lo.. I've never seen so many different types of cheeses in my life!!! really insane.. no wonder the people in NZ.. are not so petite in size......
Some random pic I took while walking back to the bus stop...
At night, one of our 'bosses' planned a small little dinner trip to a chinese restaurant 'nearby' our hotel.. that's what he claimed.. But we walked for almost half and hour.. but thank god.. the weather is so nice and chill..
This is the restaurant's menu.. it looks like some 80's club in hong kong where u can see all those show girls singing on stage.. sorry I didn't get to take mroe pictures coz all the other seniors say i'm very 'kampung'...
The next day, me and my collegue decided to walk in the town and explore the place.. as both of us are too broke to go sightseeing... (I really want to see the whales and BAA BAA while sheeps..) First, my allowance is not out yet, and he's broke because he brought too much honey to bring back...
Despite most of the old buildings around, you still can spot some interesting modern buildings in the street...
Then you will see few churches along 1 street just like you can see few mosques along 1 street in Malaysia.. The churches here are so antique and nice...

They will never forget to plant tress along the street to give the natural fresh air to the people.. thats what I like about NZ.. minumum cars and super duper fresh air...
Then I saw these Chickens.. Arent they adorable? So kawaii right..
Look at these.. Tempted me to buy them back for my sisters.. But when I was walking towards the door, my fren grabbed me.. 'You got look at the price or not?'
Then I looked lo.. expecting it to be less than NZ$10 for a fake chicken.. AND to my horror....
Wah lau.. even the smallest is NZ$30!!!! I rather go KFC and eat chicken.. I nearly vormit blood on the spot...
So we walked...
We walked..

And we walked.. That tall skinny thing is the tallest building in Auckland..
Then I smelled something super good.. And like a good police dog.. I smelled all the way through and spotted this..
I just can't stand the temptations of good freshly baked cookies.. Its so good.. me and my fren bought 2 each and finished it in less than 15 mins.. hahahaha.. If you happen to go to Auckland, this is a must try!!!!!!!!!!! Fresh n nyam nyam..

Anyway, things that you must buy when you are in auckland.. KIWI fruit (which I did not..coz scared rot ma) and their Manuka Honey.. Apparently, you can only buy really manuka honey from New Zealand.. Buy those with UMF 20 which is very good for our body.. You can stir the honey with luke warm water and never use a metal spoon when comes to honey.. always use plactic k... for more info about Honey.. Go GOOGLE la.. U think I professor?
.
Oh.. forgot to tell you guys.. It was halloween on that day.. and the steet is filled with mostly draculas, dead men walking and other very ugly characters.. (Y dont they dress up as more cheerful characters?) It was really a good experience to see and I really wanted to take the pictures of the people.. But my friend told me not to as I might offend them.. But they dressed up for attention right?
.
So this is the only 1 I got.. Paiseh.. Happy very Belated Halloween.. hahahaha...
p/s: I will update bout my delhi trip and Abu Dhabi trip very very soon... stay tuned.. hahaha... Oh.. thank God that the drama in Mumbai finally ended!!! I curse all those really Koo-koo people for having so much time to plan and kill innocent beings.. Condolences to the family of those 160 being killed in this Mumbai drama... Very sad lo.. to see all these happening..

No comments: