Monday, July 28, 2008

Phew..

I've been trying my very best to enjoy my life here in Singapore and so far so good.. Other than the occasional lonely feeling that strikes me almost everyday.. Seriously, living here is not as bad as when I first reached here.. I know alot of you are so interested to know about how my training goes but during the 1st 2 days of the training itself, my rank trainer that's incharged of my bunch keeps emphasizing on the seriousness of blogging about SIA and what kind of actions we will get.. Anyway, here goes my statement..

*THE BELOW STATEMENT/ BLOG THAT IS WRITTEN BY THIS BLUR AURTHOR THAT SINCERELY ONLY WANTS TO UPDATE HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS ABOUT HER LONELY LIFE IN SINGAPORE HAS NO INTENTION TO LEAK OUT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HER CURRENT EMPLOYER OR COMPANY. THE ENTRIES OF THIS BLOG ARE NOT OFFICIAL AND PURELY FOR PERSONAL CONSUMPTION AND LEISURE. IT IS STRICTLY NOT TO BE USED AGAINST THE AUTHOR HERSELF IN ANY LEGAL FORM.*

My training is really cramped up and jam packed to 2 and a half months which really tied us all down as we have to be in the training centre everyday (including saturdays) before 8.30 pm. In the beginning, it was really a struggle for me as most of you know, I'm really a night owl who can't sleep in the night and acts like a zombie in the morning. But after 1 week, it has become my routine. I look forward for sundays as that is the only day I can really rest and do the neccessary house chores or do some grocery shopping (yes.. Ms Pamela does grocery shopping herself once a while now to keep her stomach filled). The training will last the whole day and most of our nice trainers will only let us out after 5 as this is what the company wants. Mind you, I do not have the luxury of my tiny little Kelisa with me anymore and I have to wear heels to training centre by taking 2 buses.. My poor legs are so in pain right now due to over straining..Hahaha..

My 'classmates' are really interesting bunch as most of them are really crazy!!! Yes.. 'Siaw' like me.. and we are considered the noisiest bunch of all batches.. I really enjoyed their company and class becomes interesting because of their humour and craziness.. I really thank god for some of them that really stick by me and gave me loads of encouragement when I really thought of giving up.. The class is pretty small and cosy and there's only 17 of us in total.. 4 miserable guys (which I name them backstreet boys along with one of the trainer) and 13 girls.. Ranging from 18 to 26 years old. It feels like I'm back to college time and it feels kindda good to be learining something totally new.

Who says cabin crew is easy? It is confirmed not!!!! We have to act in so many roles in 1 when we are working.. According to one of the trainers, our job starts from the moment we go out of the house as we will be wearing the uniform in the future whenever we going to work! Whenever we are out, we are carrying the company's image and we must always uphold it!! When we are in the airport, we cannot neglect the people around us and must always smile.. then when we are on board, we are not just high class waitress only K.. we are toilet cleaner, chef, medical assistant, firefighter, usher, baby-sitter etc all rolled into 1.. It sounds pretty tiring.. hahaha..

Pictures of my crazy classmates will come out soon.. As u all know, I do not have a camera.. So, I will have to collect our cam-whore pics from my classmates.. They seriously love to cam-whore and FYI, I'm the ugliest of all gals.. After pilling on the heavy makeup on my face.. Trust me.. I'm not lying..

p/s: i miss malaysia food.. but singapore food is not as bad as what most of you have told me.. The fried hokkien mee here is quite good.. If any of u coming down, I will bring u guys around.. by public transport of course... lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi pam..good to hear that everything work well for u in singapore.. seems that your enjoying life there huh.. although, i didnt get to see before u leave, but i do really miss ur humor and voice regarding boustead!! haha... now we dont have much business for them...so bad right... but nvm la, as long as ur happy there, im happy for u too.. take care my mummy... hope to hear from u soon